Last week, I noticed that my Amazon Kindle was not updating even when I had a good wireless connection. I tried searching the Amazon support site but I couldn’t find a solution. The Amazon Kindle support site is very lacking right now. Here’s what I did to eventually fix the problem.
Restart the Kindle:
1. Go to the home screen on the Kindle by pressing the home button.
2. Click on Menu, and then Settings.
3. On the Settings page, click on Menu and then select Restart.
4. After the Kindle restarts, go back to the Home screen and click Menu.
5. Click on Check for New Items.
6. This seemed to do it for me. About 5 minutes later, the latest issue of the Wall Street Journal was on my Kindle.
This problem seemed to happen when I had my Kindle in sleep mode for a few days.