- First navigate to the folder to which you want to limit the search.
- Hit Command-F, or in the menu, go to File -> Find. The “tab bar” at the top of the search criteria window now shows the folder you are currently in as one of the options.
- Select the folder, and then you can (as always) specify the other search criteria to your liking.
- The results of the filters should show below.
- Hit the Save button, and you now have a Smart Folder restricted to a specific folder (and its sub-folders).